Saturday 26 May 2007

I.O.W Day 5 - 18/05/07

Our last day :o(


Rise early, pack up the car, scoff some brekky and leave our temporary home for the last time. The crap signposts in Newport catch us out again and we end up heading towards West Cowes which is just not right. We need East Cowes for the ferry and the only way of getting from West to East is via some kind of floating ferry bridge. Do a U-Turn and eventually arrive at ferry port at 8.30am having just missed the early ferry... boooo!



We are, however, obviously on time for our 9.30am booked departure so settle down in the car to wait for boarding. We are on the ferry by 9.15am and grab a table asap. Mark heads off to the canteen area while I guard the table from all the Olds. They hover around me in a menacing fashion - I dare not look them in the eye in case they attack me for my seat - so I busy myself writing in my journal until M returns with an English breakfast that cost something ridiculous like £7.00 and wasn't particularly special. Take my advice - bring your own food.



The only thing of note that happens while we are on the ferry is that we pass the Queen Mary II (right) which is a big cruise ship.
It's definately big.

Anyway, we arrive at Southampton and are on our way home by 10.30am. We have decided to go for a relaxing day and head directly for Sauna World for a bit of R&R. After Sauna World we continue the lazy sitting down theme by going to the cinema to see 28 Weeks Later. Indulge ourselves for the last time with an Iceblast, HUGE bucket of popcorn, a hotdog, and some truly delicious Bresler's icecream which had toffee and chocolate and other gooey stuff... It's better than Ben & Jerrys. Nuff said.
The movie is good as well - follows on from 28 Weeks Later and has more of the impressive "deserted London" scenes that we saw in the first film.

Finally actually go home after the cinema to see our moggies, unpack, lie on the sofa, and order take-away pizza. We had a great time in the I.O.W and will hopefully go back someday to go camping. Favourites were the I.O.W Zoo (don't forget to watch Tiger Island!) and scoffing fish 'n chips on Sandown Esplanade in the sun :o)

I had fun everywhere we went though and have to say thank you to Mark for chauffeuring me round all week and putting up with my terrible map reading skills!

No comments: